Options for shipping wine during the summer
With summer upon us and temperatures rising, we are now offering two options for how your shipment is packaged. Although the vast majority of boxes make it to our members safe and sound throughout the summer, if you want to take extra care of your shipment, you can! Details on your options below.
RAW WINE Club currently ships from NY. Transit times vary from 1-2 business days for most of the east coast to 3-5 business days for the west coast. We offer 2 options of shipping in the summer months (July-August).
Note: the single biggest reason we see product issues during summer is from shipments not being picked up the day they're out for delivery. Please make sure that someone aged 21+ is home when the shipment is scheduled to be delivered.
UPS Ground: This is our standard shipping without any additional precautions for heat.
UPS Temp Controlled with Recyclable Insulated Foam & Ice Pack:
- Our summer packaging is made from 97% renewable corrugated board, and can be recycled curbside (details on how under 'The How Tos' below.
- It's engineered to keep wine safe for 72 hours, exceeding the performance of EPS foam while reducing environmental impact:
- 74% reduction in net greenhouse gas emissions, equal to 5.28 thousand miles of car travel
- 82% reduction in water consumption, the equivalent of 2.18 thousand buckets of water
- 63% reduction in cumulative energy demand, enough to power 256.59 houses for a day
- 51% reduction in fossil fuel emissions, equal to 2.76 thousand miles of car travel
- 69% reduction in solid waste, enough to fill 12.72 household wheeled garbage bins
- We use Nordic Drain Safe gel packs which are durable and reusable. They offer the same performance as traditional gel packs with the added benefit of being 100% safe for disposal in a household drain. These are safely processed within municipal wastewater or home septic systems.
- Our summer shipping is a product, that costs $10, and must be added to your subscription. Instructions on how to do so can be found below.
The How Tos
Depending on which option you want to choose above, you can update your account with the following steps:
Keep Standard Ground Shipping
No action is needed.
Add Temp Controlled Shipping ($10)
1. Log in to your account
Recycle Your Temp Controlled Shipping
- Empty your box of its content.
- Open the bottom flaps.
- Rip or safely cut open the box along a corner or seam.
- Lay the box flat with the silver lining facing up.
- Peel the silver lining off and discard. Note: For easy peeling, start at any edge and tear a notch downward. The silver lining will separate from the board. You can then slowly peel the silver sheet away.
- Recycle the box as usual. Note: It is acceptable for a small amount (10% or less) of silver lining to stay adhered and should not affect recyclability.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.